Langan has an opening for an Environmental Chemist with 2 to 5 years of experience in our Corporate Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate a strong interest in project chemistry, quality assurance, and data validation specific to environmental investigations. Responsibilities include analytical data quality review, statistical evaluation and report preparation. Initial training for this position (2 weeks) will take place in Warrington, PA. After the initial training period, travel to Warrington will be required one to two times monthly.
- Review and validation of analytical laboratory data;
- Write data validation reports and prepare tables with results for project teams;
- Prepare Quality Assurance Project Plans;
- Provide technical support to field sampling teams and act as a liaison between the project team, analytical laboratory, and data management team;
- Occasionally travel with the project team to sites to collect environmental samples; and,
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry;
- Final cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater;
- 2 to 5 years environmental consulting firm or environmental lab experience;
- Availability to train for 2 weeks in Warrington, PA. After the initial training period, travel to Warrington will be required approximately once monthly;
- Experience in validation of laboratory data produced under USEPA CERCLA and RCRA programs (SW-846 methodology, EPA 200, 500, and 600 series methods, CLP Inorganic/Organic SOW) preferred;
- Familiarity with federal, regional, and state data validation guidance documents;
- Experience in performing environmental sample extraction and analysis;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically, Excel);
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER training is a plus;
- High initiative, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work in the field and assist with collection of environmental samples; and,
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure within tight schedules.
- Experience with managing environmental databases, specifically EarthSoft’s EQuIS;
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server; and,
- Knowledge of NYSDEC, NJDEP and PADEP regulations.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Phone: 215.491.6500 Fax: 215.491.6501
P.O. Box 1569
Doylestown, PA 18901-0219
2700 Kelly Road, Suite 200
Warrington, PA 18976-3653